About Me

A writer trapped in the body of a different writer.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

California Wrap

A storm was approaching. All seven of us dropped Everything and made a mad dash for Logan.

We escaped, landed, and checked-in.

At this point I should mention this is a Thank You blog.

Thank You to Siggy for being Siggy and working your butt off every second.

Thank You Skip Hart for the wonderful accommodations and pleasant, intelligent company.

Thank You Dan King. For the legwork, prepwork, paperwork and even some Dirty work. Endless phone calls and mapquests. For maintaining all that chaos within an atmosphere of true Comfort, and not that of a rushed itinerary. The whole week came naturally and smooth. I would even call it Easy.

I lived like a King this week. Pun intended. I lived like Dan King. Everyone we went we were welcomed with open arms and also arms that were full of guitars for us to play.

Rehearsal space? Done. Bar gig? Done. Reserved seats at a hot comedy show? Done. Club gig? No problem. Instruments? Of course.

It was amazing to witness, and I hope that years from now I can build up that kind of network to the point where a guy in my band has an amazing tour, just because he's with Me.

This morning the cars were frozen in the driveway and I found myself screaming at my brother when I should have been thanking him for watching the apartment. It's been a rough re-entry. I miss California.

1 comment:

  1. the re-entry is always tough, no matter the time of year. we usually go to the first place that serves beer (sometimes at the airport) to mask the overwhelming sadness.

    ReplyDelete