About Me

A writer trapped in the body of a different writer.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Why Is Kendrick Perkins So Angry?

I received a text message last night that read:

"Why Is Perkins so Angry"

An Excellent Question.

The only person I can truly compare him to is myself. Which is convenient. I would not consider myself an angry person.

Kendrick is my age (three months older). He was a 1st round draft pick in the NBA after graduating high school. He has already won an NBA Championship, and by my estimations has banked AT LEAST 10M thus far into his playing career (with 4M more coming next year...)

He's married and has a child.

I searched and searched but could determine NO reasons for his perpetual angriness...

Until I stumbled upon this...

According to wikipedia,

"Perkins is a practicing Roman Catholic. He was an altar boy in his youth, and it was often problematic to find an alb to fit him due to his height"

Now, I understand. That's embarrassing, being a big guy in a little robe. Traumatizing, even.

And it seems to me that he still can't shake the memory of the Short Alb, all these years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment