About Me

A writer trapped in the body of a different writer.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Find

"Find" is a song that I composed entirely. Music & lyrics.

I didn't write it specifically for the Bandit Kings, but that was soon realized. This is a Bandit Kings song.

We recently recorded the song for our second album, it has also firmly established itself in our live show. I'm proud.

Last night, Steve the Dancing Guy was singing along. It took a minute to sink in, but hit me like a ton of bricks.

I realize it does not not appear powerful on paper:

One guy singing.
In a bar.
In Gloucester, MA.
On a Monday night.

It seems like we are setting the stage for Insignificance, but that one guy completely flattered me, inspired me, blew my mind...

He asked how he could get a copy of the lyrics. "Best bet is to bring a pen next Monday, or wait for the new album..."

but that doesn't seem like a nice way to treat someone who just blew your mind, now does it?

FIND

This morning the bed was cold
I searched the house for ghosts
but I was alone

I pulled myself out of the drink
I ended up there last night
I think

Enough about me

I'll find you
On a Friday night
No matter where you are
I'll find you
On a Friday night
I'll hunt you like a dog

Through the walls comes a big bass drum
Pulsing some from neighbor punks next door
They never work they just rock all day
And smoke a lot for people who claim to be poor

Forget them anyways

Saturday we rage
Sleep away Sunday

I'll find you
On a Friday night
I'll search the seedy bars

No comments:

Post a Comment