About Me

A writer trapped in the body of a different writer.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Thank Heaven

I like to joke that,

"When I die and go to hell..."

fill in the blank with something comically horrible.

For example, contemporary country music on an infinite loop whilst sitting in the dentist's chair for a teeth-cleaning that never ends...

The truth is, I don't like the idea of Heaven or Hell...

that we should be rewarded for being a Good Person, or punished for being Bad.

*also because Good or Bad are relative and therefore do not actually exist, although we will assume for just another moment that they do:

I don't need a reward to be a Good person. It feels good when you live and act Good and that's good enough for me.

I've done bad things but I'm not scared of any punishment after I'm dead. Why? Because I'll be dead.

In that case, why not do Bad things all the time?

Because that feels bad. And I prefer to feel good.

2 comments:

  1. I believe energy recirculates after you die, and weather it be good energy or bad energy it's what you leave behind for the world, and depending on your actions your spirit will be reborn... I wouldn't necessarily say I believe in reincarnation, but I believe your spirit goes on... as crazy as that makes me sound. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can feel free to necessarily say you believe in reincarnation, that's exactly what you described. And, it doesn't make you sound crazy. At all. Hinduism is the oldest living major religion and reincarnation a major part of that.

      Delete