About Me

A writer trapped in the body of a different writer.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recipe: Brocs Obama

There are few foods in this beautiful world more wretched than plain, boiled broccoli.

My solution is to cut a fresh head down into small florets,
mix them around in a capful of vegetable oil,
add a chopped up clove of garlic,
garnish with salt & pepper whatever else you dig

and throw in the oven for a while.
twenty minutes or so, somewhere around 350 degrees.

I know the art of preparing food involves more science than I give it credit for, but this dish is really hard to mess up, which is why I lean on it often, generally alongside grilled meats.

Finally, I might cover her with a blend of mozzarella & parmesan towards the last 5 minutes in the oven, if I'm feeling cheesy...

No comments:

Post a Comment